TOKEN Products Warranty & CRP
TOKEN Products Warranty
TOKEN products are covered by a two (2) year warranty against defects in materials or workmanship from the original date of purchase.
Wheelsets are covered by a three (3) year warranty from the original date of purchase.
Oversized Pulley System are covered by a five (5) year warranty from the original date of purchase.
This warranty applies only to the original purchaser and is non-transferable. If the product is resold, the warranty will be considered void.
Please ensure that TOKEN products are installed by qualified technicians and follow the guidelines provided with the product. Always use a torque wrench to tighten bolts as specified.
Limits of the Warranty:
- At its sole discretion, TOKEN agrees to repair or replace products deemed by TOKEN to be defective in materials and/or workmanship.
Explanation of Warranty:
- It is the product user’s responsibility to examine the product on a regular basis to determine the need for service or replacement.
- Parts that are found to be defective / damaged will be kept by TOKEN and destroyed.
- This warranty is specifically limited to the repair or replacement of the defective product – whether to repair or replace the product will be at the sole discretion of TOKEN – and no refunds will be given.
- All claims under this warranty must be made through an authorized TOKEN distributor or dealer. There is no warranty offered on items purchased online, except through authorized dealers. TOKEN will not offer a warranty on items purchased from eBay or similar sites.
- Claims will only be processed after dated proof of purchase has been provided by the claimant.
- TOKEN will not be held responsible for any costs arising from a faulty product.
Not covered under this warranty are the following:
- TOKEN products purchased from an unauthorized dealer
- TOKEN products that have been modified, neglected, not used according to purpose, stunt ridden, commercially used, improperly maintained, improperly repaired or incorrectly installed.
- Damage to wheels caused by the use of wrong brake pads. Using the wrong brake pads will void the warranty on wheels. Only use TOKEN supplied or approved brake pads.
- Damage from causes other than defects in materials and workmanship such as a user’s lack of skill, competence, or experience, etc.
- Any labor costs associated with the removal, replacement, or reassembly of the product.
- Normal wear and tear during use of the product.
- Bearings (unless they are unused).
TOKEN Crash Replacement Policy (TCRP)
Some things in life are inevitable – challenge, responsibility and, if you ride a bike, crashes. While we can’t prevent any of them, we can make the last one a little less painful. If you purchase TOKEN wheels from an authorized dealer and you break them while “just riding along” then we will repair or replace your rim at 35% off the retail price. You won’t get new wheels for free, but it will take the sting out of replacing it. We don’t want you to gamble on buying this insurance plan so we offer the crash replacement program for free on all of our wheels!
There are limits to this program so please read below.
- TCRP is valid once only for the original owner two years from the date of purchase. Replacement rims are not eligible for TCRP but if you buy another set of wheels, they will come with TCRP.
- TCRP only covers crash damage and is not valid for wear and tear on the bearings, braking surface, etc. Damage or failure resulting from abuse, misuse, neglect, improper assembly or maintenance, theft, modifications or negligence, use of the wrong brake pads, improper use, etc.
- TCRP cannot be transferred.
- TCRP is only valid if the wheels are stock – if you change hubs or rims, we can’t guarantee how well the wheels were built. If you replace spokes, you must use the supplied spokes or spokes that are the same specifications as the original.
- If the wheel has been discontinued, TOKEN will offer a rim that most closely matches the specifications, according to TOKEN’s discretion. No cash refunds will be given.
- All shipping, duty and labor costs are the responsibility of the wheel owner.
How to get a new rim:
- Fill out the TCRP form. Your local dealer or distributor can supply you with one or you can download it from our website.
- Fill out the form and return it, along with your broken rim(s), wheel ID card and a dated proof of purchase, to your local dealer or distributor.
- Once the dealer inspects and approves the replacement, they will offer a discount on a new rim.